GPC 160201 Minutes



Of a meeting held at in the Methodist Church Room

on Monday 1 February 2016 at 8.00pm


Present Cllrs Masser, Bingham, Gibbs, Cross, Stageman, Ward

In attendance: S Loake (Clerk)


 Ms Carol Ann Jackson, Ms Michelle Standard attended for item3

One member of the public was present


In the absence of Cllr Peart, Cllr Tinkler (Vice-Chaiman) chaired the meeting.


1 Apologies for absence were accepted from Cllr Peart, following a family bereavement

2  Declarations of interest in agenda items – there were none

3  Presentation re proposed use of property in Dering Cottages.

The Clerk explained that he had been approached by Ms Jackson

In respect of a forthcoming application for change of use at 2DeringCottages, and had invited her and her colleague to address the meeting. Ms Jackson and Ms Standard explained that 2 Dering cottages, which has been owned by Ms Standard’s family for many years, is currently used as sheltered housing. It is the intention for this property to be used as a day centre for young adults with learning difficulties, who are between school and finding employment. The property would be active from 8.00am until 6.00pm Monday to Friday, with up to six young adults (between 18 and 25) present at any time, with the object of teaching skills to assist the clients in finding paid employment. Ms Jackson and Ms Standard have spoken to immediate neighbours, who have raised no objections. There will be no residential clients. Members of the community will be welcome to visit the property when it is in operation. Councillors raised several questions relating to the proposals. The Chairman thanked Ms Jackson and Ms Standard for their presentation, and it was agreed that they would be notified of any comments that the Council may make when the planning application was discussed. Ms Jackson and Ms Standard left the meeting.

4 Open Forum: There were no contributions from members of the public.

5  Minutes: It was proposed by Cllr Masser, 2nd Cllr Bingham and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 4 January 2016 be accepted.


6  Matters arising

  1. a) Proposal re parcel of land adjacent to playing field: The Clerk reported that he hade spoken with the Housing Association and the Council’s solicitor. The Housing Association is keen that this should progress as soon as possible.
  2. b) Repair to skate ramp: This has now been completed.
  3. c) Upgrade to website: The Clerk reported that he was in discussion with Jonathan Cobb at Mad Dezign, and would be in a position to submit a draft structure to the next meeting. The cost would be approximately £300 Councillors were encouraged to look at the websites for Roade and Flore PCs, which are by the same person. The website will provide a service and a resource for village organisations and for residents of the village. Updates would be submitted on a monthly basis by the Clerk, and would cost approximately £15 per month. It was agreed that Cllr Peart no longer had the time to maintain the website, and it should not be left to the Clerk’s responsibilty. It was proposed by Cllr Bingham, 2nd by Cllr Ward, that the new website should be in place for the beginning of the new Council year The Clerk also confirmed that he would have the relevant documentation for the current year posted to the existing website prior to the year end, in order to comply with the new legislation and with audit requirements.
  4. d) Parish Meeting 18 April 2016: The Clerk confirmed that he has made arrangements with the school. Cllr Peart is to ask village organisations to make presentations to the meeting. Playground development is to be included on the agenda (see 8c below)


7  Report from Halse:

Cllr Tinkler reported that there had been progress with Anglian Water. The developers cntinure to be inm breach of the original agreement, as the traffic calming has still not been installed. This should have been in situ before the first occupants moved into the development. It was agreed that the Clerk should invite representatives of SNC, NCC and the Developers to attend the next meeting of the Parish Council.  The Clerk is also to ask SNC Planning enforcement about any progress in respect of the failure of the occupants of Spring Farm to comply with planning conditions.


8   Reports from working parties

  1. a) HS2: Mr Ward was unable to attend the meeting, but Cllr Ward stated that HS2 appear to be back-pedalling and not responding to correspondence. Greatworth PC has set a precedent in asking for realignment of footpaths to be considered, and they are scared of floodgates opening if other parishes adopt the same course of action. Cllr Ward stated that it was intended to ask the area MP to become involved.
  2. b) Planning: No objections were raised to the application for the change pf use at 2 Dering Cottages.
  3. c) Playgrounds : The Clerk reported that a new lock has been fitted to the gate of the playing field. The grass cutting contractor has been given a key, the Clerk has a key, and Cllrs Bingham and Gibbs also have keys to the new lock.

It was also suggested that, in view of the amount of New Homes Bonus Grant available, the residents should be asked for suggestions to improve the playing field.


9  Financial matters

a)Finance Report: |The Clerk presented a report, a copy of which is attached to the file copy of these minutes

  1. b) Payments were approved to Cheney Coaches, Eon, and the Clerk’s remuneration
  2. c) Receipts: there were none
  3. d) Finances of Glimpse: The Clerk presented a letter received from the producer of the Glimpse, thanking the PC for its contribution to production costs, and hoping that this would continue. It was noted that the original contribution had been solely in recompense for the additional content in the Glimpse relating to HS2, but because of falling advertising income, this now formed an important part of the income for the Glimpse. There was also comment that The Glimpse might become unnecessary following the introduction of the new websirte, although there are a significant number of residents who do noyt have internet access, It was agreed to make a further donation of £100 to The Glimpse at the beginning of the new financial year.
  4. e) Draft Budget for 2016/17: It was proposed by Cllr Bingham, 2nd Cllr Ward, and agreed that the draft budget presented by the Clerk be accepted.
  5. f) Precept for 2016/17: It was proposed by Cllr Bingham, 2nd Cllr Ward, and agreed that the Precept for 2016/17 remain unchanged at £18500.


10 Correspondence: The Clerk presented a list of correspondence, a copy of which is attached to the file copy of these minutes.


11 Councillor questions       

            Cllr Stageman asked about the annual litter-pick. It was provisionally agreed that this should be on 5 March. The Clerk will contact SNC to borrow the equipment


There being no further business, the vice-chairman closed the meeting at 9.46pm

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk